- Classic analog chorus circuit based on Boss CE-1
- Wide range of standard chorus effects
- Unique “spatial” effects unavailable with other chorus units
- Panasonic MN3207 Bucket Brigade IC
- Delay Time and Effect Blend controls
- Stereo outputs
- True Bypass Switching
* Please note: Maxon has discontinued the AC210 AC Adapter. Due to this, the Maxon Vintage series pedals will no longer ship with power supply included. The Maxon Vintage Series Pedals can be run with a standard 9vdc Center Negative Adapter. We recommend the PA-9 Power-All
With a circuit based around the Panasonic MN3207 Bucket Brigade IC, the CS550's “straight-outta ’79” chorus effect is bold and resonant without sounding harsh. Unlike the sterile chorus sounds of the 80’s, the 550 has an edgy, almost grainy quality that keeps your tone articulate and prevents wash-out.
The CS550’s custom-tuned oscillator circuit provides enough speed for authentic rotary speaker simulation, and just the right amount of modulation for a lush vibrato that won't leave you feeling queasy.
With its Delay Time control the CS550 can venture into Flanger territory, adding a resonant, hollow quality to the effect that’s great for solos.
A rear-mounted Blend control allows you to adjust the level of the Chorus effect to set it back in the mix against your dry signal.
A unique feature of the CS550 is its ability to create spatial effects that add dimension to your guitar tone without the traditional Chorus wobble. With Speed and Depth set low and the Delay Time at max, the 550 thickens your sound much in the manner of a double-tracked guitar, adding girth and life without excessive modulation.
The CS550 features stereo outputs for mono, stereo, or inverted mono signal routing.
Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
Input Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack
Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
Output Jack: 1/4 inch standard phone jack (2)
Output: 2Residual Noise: -100 dB (Level, VR Min)
Maximum Output Level: +5 dB
Delay Time: 0.8 mSec 6.3 mSec
LFO Speed: 0.4 Hz 8 Hz
Controls: Delay Time, Depth, Speed, Mix-Level
Power Supply: Special AC adaptor
Power Voltage: DC10 V (AC-adaptor)
Current Consumption: 21 mA (10 VDC)
AC Adaptor: AC210N (option) Input: AC120V Output: DC9V/200 mA Center - / Sleeve +)
Dimensions (whole): 117 mm (W) x 150 mm (D) x 60 mm (H)
Weight: 500 g
Accessories: Maxon AC210N Adaptor (9VDC/200mA)
Non-skid pad: x 1
Warranty Card: x 1
User's Manual: x 1
* All specifications are subject to change for improvement without notice or obligation.All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.