- Updated version of Maxon’s first Overdrive - OD880 - circa 1977
- Low gain, dynamic overdrive like a tube amp
- Works great as an amp booster
- Stack with other OD’s for increased tonal options
- NJM (JRC) 4558 Op Amps for modern tone
- Regulated 9 VDC power
- True Bypass Switching
The OOD-9 takes Maxon’s resurrected OSD-9 circuit and replaces the NOS 741 Op Amps with current-production NJM (JRC) 4558’s.
Offering the same warm, open-sounding overdrive as the OSD-9 but with a more pronounced high-frequency response, the OOD-9 is perfect for “livening up” a dark-sounding guitar or amp.
The OOD-9 reacts smoothly to input level changes, offering a highly interactive response to player dynamics. Perfect as a stand-alone dirt box or for pushing an amp, the OOD-9 can also be stacked with other OD’s to add clarity and character to their tone.
The OOD-9 offers up all these classic sounds in Maxon’s indestructible, industry standard 9-Series chassis. Modern-day utility features such as mechanical true bypass switching and a voltage regulator have also been added to provide smooth, consistent performance.
Providing mild, transparent overdrive that doesn’t step all over your original tone, the OOD-9 Organic Overdrive truly lives up to its name.
Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
Maximum Gain: 41.5dB (700Hz)
Equivalent Input Noise: -107dB or less (IHF-A)
Control: DRIVE, LEVEL
Operating Voltage: 9V
Power Consumption: 18mA/DC 9V, 18mA/DC 10V
Dimensions: 74 (W) x 124 (D) x 54 (H) mm
Weight: 580g (including battery)
Battery: 9V battery (6LR61 or 6F22) x 1 or Maxon AC adaptor
Battery life: Manganese dry battery 10.5 hours 25deg C / 77deg F (Panasonic 6F22NB)
Alkaline dry battery 23 hours 25deg C / 77deg F (Panasonic 6LR61G)
Option: Maxon AC adaptor (Maxon AC210N for North America)
* All specifications are subject to change for improvement without notice or obligation. All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.