- Clean Booster/Overdrive pedal with Tube gain stage
- Employs mil-spec sub-miniature vacuum tube
- Great as a tube amp booster to add warmth
- Boost knob controls level of tube gain
- Dual-purpose Drive control with clean blend function
- Internal voltage regulator runs 30 Volts to tube
- Heater In-rush current control warms tube upon power-up
- True Bypass Switching
The TBO-9 combines Clean Boost and Overdrive capabilities with a tube gain stage to create a versatile tone-shaping tool.
The ideal complement to non-master volume tube amps, the TBO allows you to drive a clean or semi-clean amp to the breaking point, giving it that “on 10” tonality at a much lower volume level and without altering the amp’s signature tone.
The TBO-9’s tube stage is controlled by the Boost knob which adds a fat, warm bottom end with a slight mid bump as it increases the output level.
The Drive knob blends clean and distorted signals, allowing the user to dial in a small amount of grit with minimal coloration.
The TBO-9 features internal voltage doublers that bump the incoming 9 VDC up to 30 VDC for massive headroom and maximum transparency.
When you need to drive your amp without driving the audience towards the door, the TBO-9 does the job without commanding the center stage.
Input Impedance: 500K Ohms
Output Impedance: 10K Ohms or less
Maximum Gain: 52 dB (1.6 KHz)
Equivalent Input Noise: -110 dB or less (IHF-A)
Control: BOOST, DRIVE, TONE, LEVELSwitch: BYPASS/EFFECT (mechanical TBS)
In/Out: INPUT, OUTPUT, INVERSE OUTPUT
Indicator: BYPASS/EFFECT LEDInternal Circuit Voltage: 30 VDC (DC-DC Converter)
Current Consumption: 270 mA / 9 VDC
Dimensions: 74 mm (W) x 124 mm (D) x 54 mm (H) / 2.9” (W) x 4.9” (D) x 2.13” (H)
Weight: 560 g (excluding AC adaptor) / 19.75 Oz.
Power Supply: Maxon AC2009 (no battery operation)
Accessory: Maxon AC2009
Option: Adaptor type (for foreign countries)
* All specifications are subject to change for improvement without notice or obligation.All brand names and product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.